Recent Posts

Monday, November 23, 2009

Seasoned Blues

I suffer from seasonal depression. It's not bad, I just get a little down and don't want to go anywhere or see anyone. I have 3 kids, all school age, and I play with them when they get home or they go over to friends houses, but we don't go out and don't invite anyone over. Recently a friend asked me why she never see's us out anymore so I told her about it. She basically told me that I needed to get over it because my kids are suffering. My children are VERY happy and well behaved. They don't seem to really notice that we aren't "out" because we still have fun at home. Am I wrong for not thinking that this is a big issue?

Blue in BC

2 comments:

Christa said...

Depression isn't something someone can just "get over." I get this way sometimes, and like you I don't neglect my kids, I just don't want to go anywhere. I still play games and make dinner, we just stay home. I wish I could say my kids are well behaved, but 2 is a hard age to behave in. Alot of my feelings of not wanting to go anywhere come from that to. It's hard to go anywhere, especially by myself, with two rowdy 2 year olds and trying to usually just ends in a head ache.

April said...

I hope you told your friend that they need to get over themselves and reach out to you more now that they know! Agee, depression isn't something you get over. I get seasonal depression too, it's physically painful. I'm aware that my limits have lessened, so I have to steer around the hard times with more structure than usual, but my kids are happy, healthy, and loved. THAT is what is important, and you're doing a great job. If your children were not being cared for in anyway, then it's time to look for other options. It sounds like you're aware, and on top of it.

Post a Comment