Recent Posts

Monday, October 26, 2009

Princess of the Throne

My 3 year old completely potty trained about 4 months ago, even at night. She's great about it. But refuses to go potty in public, or in any potty she doesn't know. She held it the other day for almost 3 hours until we made it home. I'm worried that she'll get a bladder infection or something, I know it can't be good for her. Not to mention that it's harder to plan outings. Any ideas on how I can get her to be a little more comfy with this?
Aimee K. Chula Vista, CA

2 comments:

Shelly said...

My first daughter did this...I bought a little package of the disposable toilet covers (those little paper things) They had some with fun designs, even disney princesses...I think I got them at either Target ot CVS. We used her "special seats" a bit at homs and then had them for when we were out. It worked great!!!

April said...

If she's not having accidents for 3 hours, count yourself lucky on that aspect! You probably won't get a phone call to bring a change of clothes to school, haha. Kellan is 4 1/2 and is still intimidated about public potties, even friends/families houses. I just remind him every time we enter a new place that "they have a potty just like we do at home, so if you have to go potty just tell me, its the same." He's gotten better, except for BM's. He flat out won't no matter what! Any tips for THAT?!

Post a Comment